Name: George “Young Moolah” Silver
Birthplace: Kirkland, WA
Currently residing: Issaquah, WA
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I started playing guitar on a crappy half-sized acoustic at age 12, played upright bass in orchestra and jazz band all through middle and high school, became interested in programming drums and mixing and constructed a crude home studio, played in a few bands, played some musical theater gigs, and joined the band i’m currently in.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Some of my favorite bands from the past and present are Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Kyuss, and Dream Theater. However, the artists that I like to listen to more recently are Devin Townsend, Periphery, Mastodon, Gojira, and Animals As Leaders.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
The bridge of “Got Me Wrong” by Alice in Chains never fails to make me cry through every pore of my body.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Blasting Mastodon at full volume, stripping down to nothing but a loincloth, slathering myself in mud, and terrorizing villages.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
My bass skills.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My white Fender Stratocaster named “Lily.”
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I was a bit nervous when I met the members of Valient Thorr, but they were nice and they each signed my shirt. I would be extremely nervous to meet John Petrucci, because he is a god and he could kill me with a single note of his mighty guitar.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
On stage in front of a packed audience.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Flying down the highway in my hoover car.