Name: Sarah Wheeler
Birthplace: Vancouver B.C.
Currently residing: Vancouver B.C.
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence:
Grew up in a musical family, Mum sang, grandfather played piano with Nat King Cole and Sammy Davis Jr. so I grew up singing and started to play guitar and write songs, was a total Beatles freak, took a few guitar lessons when I was really young from a guitar player who my grandmother had nursed back to health after a motorcycle accident that mangled his arm forcing him to relearn guitar left-handed, learned one main thing from him… never stop.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Beatles, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Emmy Lou Harris, Jayhawks, Alice Coletrane, the Rachels, Debussy, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, Fleetwood Mac, Chrissie Hynde, Richard Thompson, Sandy Denny, Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan, Bon Iver, Ray Lamontagne, Lucinda Williams
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Anything from the AC/DC oeuvre. The word oeuvre makes me feel funny…
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Starting with two oeuvres sunny side up….
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
My ability to sleep in.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
Having grown up on the west coast as a third generation Vancouverite, which is pretty much unheard of, Vancouver is a very transient city, I have inherited quite an amazingly impressive collection of healing crystals that I like to dangle over my grocery store purchases before I decide which items to buy, regardless of how many people may be waiting behind me in line.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
Seal. I’m not joking, he’s very tall.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
I hope it doesn’t take that long.