Name: Aaron Davvid
Birthplace: Bronx, NY
Currently residing: Lagrangeville, NY
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: Got my start in church, released some records nothing came of it and switched genre to pop music.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Growing up I listened to a lot of Gospel music and a lot of contemporary Christian artists. Crystal Lewis, Carmen, Kirk Franklin, Mary Mary, Helen Baylor was on repeat- and in my teens it was Israel Houston. On the flip side, pop music was all the top acts of the 90’s N’sync, Usher, Pink, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera. But when it comes to writing and vocals I love Bruno Mars, Mariah Carey and Katy Perry. True performers that have the entire package.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Love Like This (Fat Man Scoop Remix) -NEVER fails to get me moving on the dance floor. Its just a real fun track and Scoop just takes it over the edge. It just makes me happy to dance and sing along to.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
I’m a hopeless romantic so I would have to say waking up next to your soul mate, enjoying every moment together, at a beach or amusement park preferably.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Dependability, being a man of my word.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My health, you can have everything in the world at your feet but if you are not well you won’t be around to enjoy it very long.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
Gosh so many celebrities. I don’t know i always manage to say something dumb. I got to meet Angela Johnson at one of her shows and i completely clammed up. I had no words.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
The beach! I just love the summer, the sand and the waves. Any place that’s remote and tropical with close friends.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Acting, I think that’s the next frontier for me. Maybe some tv shows then movies would be cool.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Rich lol ! This is gonna sound strange but i would love to own an amusement park. Growing up playing rollercoaster tycoon for hours on end and just loving the tech that goes behind the state of the art rides would be an awesome fantasy come true.