Name: Jimi Priceless
Birthplace: Cape Town, South Africa
Currently residing: Cape Town, South Africa
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I first started writing raps, then started making beats towards the end of high school. I started taking making music seriously and released my first songs in 2011. Since then, I have been working on my craft and exploring different styles. I am now working on my upcoming album, I’m Fine, Thanks for Asking, which will be released on March 13th 2017.
- Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present? A$AP Rocky, Ab-Soul, Action Bronson, Amy Winehouse, BADBADNOTGOOD, Better Person, Chance The Rapper, Childish Gambino, CHVRCHES, Curren$y, D.R.A.M., Daft Punk, Doja Cat, Earl Sweatshirt, Eyedress, Flying Lotus, Frank Ocean, Gorillaz, Hawk House, HONNE, Isaiah Rashad, JAY Z, Jay Electronica, Jessy Lanza, Joey Bada$$, Kali Uchis, Kanye West, Kiiara, Kilo Kish, King Krule, Kodie Shane, Lana Del Rey, Lil Uzi Vert, Lil Wayne, Lil Yachty, Linkin Park, Lupe Fiasco, Mac DeMarco, Mac Miller, Marilyn Manson, Melanie Martinez, Mick Jenkins, Oxford Drama, Pharrell Williams, Post Malone, Purity Ring, Pusha T, Rick Ross, Rodrigiez, Sasha Keable, Skepta, Snoop Dogg, Stalley, Submotion Orchestra, T.I., Tame Impala, The Game, Travis Scott, Tuxedo, TWENTY88, Ty Dolla $ign, Tyler, The Creator, Vince Staples and Whitney
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
My Song by Labi Siffre & If You Think You’re Lonely Now by Bobby Womack.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Spending time with close friends somewhere scenic on an overcast day.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Probably my sense of humor.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
As a child I used to get nervous when meeting pretty girls.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
I’d like to start performing more and getting my name out to a larger audience.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
I would like to be successful and wealthy with a big house, a beautiful wife and all that but as long as I’m happy and still passionate about what I do, I’ll be good.