Birthplace: Martin, TN
Currently residing: Portland, OR
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: Two decades obsessed with music (and going strong)….. I collaborate well with others, engineer, play shows, write songs, experiment, and work with a myriad of different bands, artists, and genres and I’m an exploratory multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, producer, engineer, and music director who also teaches music and facilitates therapeutic music workshops for youth at risk and I recently released my first solo folktronica album under Moniker called, “The Cruelest Month“.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Moondog, Django Reinhardt, Alt J, Bjork, Radiohead, Little Dragon, Devendra Banhart, Sufjan Stevens, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell, Grant Green, The Meters, Wye Oak, Chet Faker, iamamiwhoami, Paul Simon, Roberta Flack, 2Pac, Frank Ocean, Jeff Buckley, Coco Rosie.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Whatever pulls on my heartstrings…”Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley never fails to move.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
A slow morning writing in my breakfast nook. Music. A jaunt to the dog park with my pup. Music. Good food. Music. Good conversation. Music. Campfire. Bed.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
I’m a good listener and always down to process with friends about their trials and tribulations.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My Martin OM-15 acoustic guitar
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
On Sunset Beach in Koh Lipe, Thailand
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Collaborate, write, and record more music! I would also like to help others find their voice.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Satisfied and passionate about my life.