Name: Ke’Shay Love
Birthplace: Oakland, CA
Currently residing: Oakland, CA
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: Starting singing as a child in the church and as an adult I have become more of and entertainer than just a singer.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
My 2 favorite artist/group is Prince and Cameo, hands down. But, who I feel has had a musical influence on me past to present are: Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Atlantic Starr, Mtume, Rene & Angela, Ashford and Simpson, Mary J Blige, Faith Evans, Guy, Anita Baker, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Ledisi to name a few….
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Above all, Gospel Music will always move me emotionally. It touches my soul to hear the word in music. It’s how I started so it will always be a part of me. I will say if I had to name a song in particular, Father Can You Hear Me, from the Tyler Perry’s Diary of a Mad Black Woman Soundtrack, gets me every time, hands down. Also the new song by Jill Scott, Hear My Call does as well.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
My perfect day is when I wake up in the morning, first off, then I am productive in someway. Be it accomplishing a goal for myself or assisting someone in accomplishing theirs.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
That I tell them the truth. I have a lot of people that come to me for advice and I believe that you should be totally up front and truthful with people rather the outcome is good or bad. I would also have to say that they appreciate that am very open and sociable.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
I can’t say that I have one. Material thing come and go, so there is no real value in that. What I value is my well-being, family, and friendships.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I can’t say I would be nervous to me anyone in particular, but I would be very excited to meet any of my musical influences. Of all, I would love to meet Tina Turner.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
On a stage performing in front of a stadium/room full of people.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Perform… I love being on stage and to be able to do that for the masses is one of my ultimate goals.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Very successful in my craft. For everyone to know who I am both in music and film.