Name: Devin “Steezy” William Johnson
Birthplace: Walla Walla, Wa
Currently residing: Kirkland, WA
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I started on violin when i was 3, played until i picked up cello in addition, played both for a couple years, all while playing in orchestra and having private lessons, picked up guitar around 2 years ago, joined this band (my first), and here i am!
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
I’ve always liked Patrick Watson, Jeff Buckley, Keaton Henson, Manchester Orchestra (favorite of all time), Bon Iver, Pontiak, Grizzly Bear… i also enjoy playing Bach, Elgar, the list goes for too long.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
“Dude looks like a lady…”
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Playing guitar in space.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
my long, luscious locks.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I would be nervous and fan-girling hardcore if I met either Andy Hull or Isaac Brock
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
In space.. DUH
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
play huge shows with ma homiez 4 lyfe dog!
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Supporting myself with music. I dont care about fame, or even being rich, i just want to do what i love and be comfortable.