Name: Kyle Davis
Birthplace: Lexington MA
Currently residing: Lexington MA
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I have been singing and performing my entire life and took on guitar and piano at an early age, after progressing through many rounds of the hit show American Idol I attracted the attention of a record label with which I produced my most recent album “Have It All” and my music video for the song “Wow” and I later split from the label because of creative differences and am currently recording a 4 track EP.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
I most look up to artists such as Bruno Mars and Jessie J because of their powerful voices. I also try to make my songwriting as good as Jason Mraz. I love tons of other bands such as Eminem, Paramore, SOTY, Maroon 5 and Ed Sheeran.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
The song Get It Right from Glee is one of my favorite songs because of the emotion that Lea Michele projects. It’s hard not to think of many of the emotional parts of my life while listening.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
A perfect day is any day that I am able to perform and share an experience with someone who enjoys my music.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
My sense of humor.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I would be extremely nervous to meet Bruno Mars.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
I would like to be able to perform more. I am only able to get a gig once or twice a month and it would be amazing to do it every night.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
On a world tour promoting my own music.