Name: Brad Parsons
Birthplace: Lewiston, Idaho
Currently residing: Portland, Oregon
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I have been playing music for twenty years with many different bands doing many tours across the country and recording 7 albums and I am now currently recording and touring with Brad Parsons Band.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Neil Young, Nirvana, The Beatles, Built to Spill and Wilco are some of my old favorites. Recently I have gotten into songwriters like Townes Van Zandt and John Prine.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
That is a tough one…The song “Reservations” by Wilco always gets me. There’s I line in it that goes like “I’ve got reservations about so many things, But not about you” that’s something I’ve always wanted to feel about someone but I never have.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
I like to wake up late and grab a coffee and smoke a few cigs. Then sit around for a few hours working on music and maybe meeting up with friends later in the night for some booze and laughs. I also still really enjoy watching live music. I try to go to at least a few shows a week that I am not playing.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
I really would have no idea. You’d have to ask them.
5. What is your most valued material possession? My guitar. I really have narrowed down my material possessions to very few things out of necessity. Not because I’m a hippie.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
My maker. I’m terrified of death.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
Montana! I love the people and the landscape.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
I would like to listen to more music. There is so much great stuff out there I’ve never heard.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Happy, alive and successful.