Name: Bill Bourne
Birthplace: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Currently residing: Edmonton, AB – and on the road around North America
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: i began my musical education in my mother’s womb – she played guitar in my dad’s band before i was born…dance music – waltz, 2-step and polka – music has drawn me in ever since those precious days of safe and warm and watery vibes…
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Mississippi John Hurt, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Tom Waits, The Get Down, Hank Williams, Muddy Waters, Bjork…John Lennon
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Flamenco – improvised and communal, flamenco music is a joyful, living and playful game > YouTube
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Waking up in, and remaining in the state of mind that gives vivid visibility to the miracle of the confluence of the physical and spiritual world…
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
…my coloured scarves?
5. What is your most valued material possession?
my 1969 Gibson Hummingbird guitar
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
Dylan – hahahaha – no – Bjork! er…Bob Marley! :o)
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Play music for millions and millions of people
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
On the planet earth – a world transformed, vacant of brutality and filled with love…