Name: Leslie Alexander
Birthplace: Calgary AB
Currently residing: Ashcroft BC
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I grew up on a sheep farm and couldn’t wait to hit the road, make mistakes and writing songs about them, which turned into four independent records and international touring with the likes of Jane Siberry, Barney Bentall and my own band the Wild Rose Hippies.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Bruce, Joni, Bob, Wilco, Ray LaMontagne, Tom Waits, Steve Earle, Lynn Miles, Corb Lund
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Born to Run
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Friends, food, sun, music, and no agenda.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
My endless supply of fodder for speculation and gossip.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My guitar, followed closely by my computer. My phone doesn’t rate!
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
Nobody, unless they were going to hurt me.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
Carthew Ridge, Waterton Park, AB
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Play big shows
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
In a cabin by a creek unless I’m on the road playing big shows.