Name: Jeremy Breaks
Birthplace: Prince George, BC Canada
Currently residing: Vancouver, BC
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I was born into a musical family and had a father that built a shack dedicated to playing music in our back yard, he later opened a music store in Prince George and I worked and networked out of there for 5 years while I was still playing Disco Punk music, but eventually decided that I had out grown my home town and needed to move to Vancouver to pursue music further and distance myself from “bad influences”, after tree planting for 1 season I developed a love for roots/rock bluegrass and folk music and picked up the banjo which redirected me musically, also I met Scott Perrie “the other half of Redgy Blackout” and have been writing and playing music with him for 6 years now and we have made 1 record and 3 EP’s.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Ryan Adams, Crooked Still, The Avett Brothers, Waylon Jennings, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Devotchka, The Beatles, Pink Floyd…I will stop now
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
The score in the movie “Gladiator” always makes me cry
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Finishing a song that your really happy with and then going for a swim in a Kootenay Lake with my lovely…
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Apparently I am a very sweet man…lol
5. What is your most valued material possession?
Probably my 80’s Squier tele that my dad gave me and my cat “Doug”
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
Sitting on a beach on the Oregon coast.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Travelling, All over………
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Healthy and living in a small town in the Kootenay’s writing music professionally and raising a family;)