Name: David Cleaves
Currently residing: Billings
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I play music and love being on stage mainly with my mandolin but i have been known to tickle the keys or toot a horn.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Brant Losinski, Mike Dion, Bob Marley, Grateful Dead or anything related, Ben Harper, Peter Paul and Mary, Billy Joel, Tchaikovsky, Nine Inch Nails, Fugazi, Sam Bush, Ryan Montbleau, Tribe Called Quest, Widespread Panic, Leftover Salmon and this list could keep on going but i think i am moving onto the next question
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
pretty much anything that’s about growth….community, personal, environmental, trees or children…..growth could also mean change. I like songs that give power to the people….bring’s people together to overcome their troubles.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
it would have to be unexpected and different than any other day…part of it would have to be filled with all the people i love in the world…which is everyone in the world. I would also need time alone and time with my wife. I would want healthy vegan food but then also a cheesecake and bacon burger at some point. I would be playing music with the whole world dancing.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Not sure….you would have to ask them. I know i try to always be there for my friends no matter what it is and I always try to be the best person i can….so hopefully they appreciate everything i am or do.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
it would be a toss-up between two things….one being my James Curtis Mandolin and the other being my labradorite locket with a picture of my son, Cedar in it.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I guess anyone dead
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
it’s not a place i would be in…it’s who i would be with.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Northpole making toys for kids