Name: Arthur Brown
Currently residing: East Sussex
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence:
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Brassens, Stephen Sondheim, Bartok, Lightning Hopkins, Howlin Wolf, James Brown, Nina Simeone, Moulettes, Lena Lovich, Fela Kuti, Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley, Estrella Morante, Leonard Cohen, Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman, John Coltraine, Holst, Kate Bush, Mozart, Stockhausen, Bessie Smith, Frank Zappa, Lonnie Donnegan, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Kitten and the Hip, Z-Star, Ivor Cutler, Talking Heads, Duke Ellington, Queen, Ken Colyer, Michel Lagoa, Joni Mitchell, the Residents, Ladysmith Black Mambazu, Louis Armstrong, Yat Kha, Peter Gabriel, Eminem, Laura Nyro, Carrie Tree, Afro Celt Sound system, Dr John, Mahvishnu Orchestra, The Smiths, Danny Thompson, Sam Walker, Lucie and Wayne and the Amairican Stream, Camaron, Antarayni, Victor Jara, Richie Havens, Nusrat Fattah AliKhan, Luna Loop. Judge Smith, Kate and Nick Pynn, Jane Bombane, Tina Turner, Maddy Prior, every busker I’ve ever heard, Bjork, Odetta, Oliver Rajamani , Zee Rock and The Flying Balalaika Brothers and a thousand others.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Egyptian Ella, sung by Fatima Spar.or You’ll never Walk Alone (piano version) by Nina Simone.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
my perfect day is, I wake up, have breakfast, and then see what comes.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Ask my friends
5. What is your most valued material possession?
whichever one I’m looking at, at the time.
6. Who were you or would you be nervous to meet?
I just had my first date with a gorgeous lady tonight. I noticed that before we actually got to rendezvous- vous, I was nervous for a few seconds.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
my favourite place to be is always “here”
8. Is there something you’d like to do more of at the moment?
See my grandchildren.
9. Where would I like to find myself in ten years?
Still on my feet!