Name: Amanda Jo Cevallos
Birthplace: Dallas , TX
Currently residing: Austin, TX
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: i got a guitar when i was 21 wrote my 1st song at 18.. put the pieces together when i was about 24….. spend most of my musical journey trying to figure out which song I wrote to teach to the band next. I’m currently touring Europe, and the US. my band has no name.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
i love Willie. and anyone who writes songs is up there on my list. especially country songs.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
“pickin up hookers instead of my kids..” – Willie Nelson
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
get up late, make coffee, drink it, write a song, “take a nap”, cuddle, have some wine, smoke some weed, repeat.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
i do what the hell i say im gonna do…on my own time of course.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I’m nervous about most things…meeting people is not one of them tho. we are all imperfect, no matter what, so if someone is real famous, and I’m nervous, I just imagine them delivering pizza or flowers.. lot’s of stars did that stuff.. so i default to they probably worked hard for their success, like me, so why be scared of them.. they’re cool. or not. but who cares!
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
on top of a mountain by a light house drinking wine with my honey in Spain.. oh wait, I was there last week! and i did that. dammit, take me back!
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
no. i do enough now as it is…well, i guess I’d like to play more piano and lead guitar.. but im working on that in the present, so.. in the future I’d like to be good at those things.. currently im dreaming about being good at anything.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
i want to be a mom. So i hope to have kids by then. and a family. couple dogs, a few cats… a career in country music! im not askin’ for much.