Name: Christina Maria
Currently residing: Zurich/Vancouver
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: Acoustic guitar songwriter turned electric guitar, keyboard beat face.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Three from before and three from now. Steve Miller, Indigo Girls, CSN&Y, St.Vincent, The Dirty Projectors, Tune-Yards.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
A good example would be a whole album. The Cinematic Movie Orchestra album, “Ma Fleur,” while I’m driving, always moves and relaxes me.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
A day spent in nature, with good food and wine. I like to climb mountains, looking for crystals.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Themselves. I love my friends 🙂 Though I travel a lot and leave them constantly… I meet the most wonderful people everywhere I go and I’m very thankful for them. Also maybe my friends would say that they appreciate that they could probably always beat me in an arm wrestle.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
Slippers that my gramma made, I bring them everywhere.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
Myself in 20 years. Holy caca, I would be nervous. But I’m sure everything would be fine, I should have my own waterslides/theme parks by then so it would probably be a lot of fun.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
Flying in the sky. I dream about it all the time. I can go anywhere and see everything. I love it. I also must say that where I am is pretty great too (living in an old farmhouse near Zurich in Switzerland). Zurich, Vancouver and Bali are the most beautiful places I’ve ever been in real life.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Always more art. Maybe high-fiving, because I always miss and its so awkward when I do.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Self sufficient on an island off British Columbia. I think its important to know how to do- be self sufficient.