Name: Vince Herman
Currently residing: nederland colorado
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence:
i learned to play in a church, now i play in bars, i write a couple songs, i drive around in cars, i’m gonna buy a farm and learn to stay at home, throw a couple festivals some day when I’m grown.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
john hartford was the best writer of the 20th century in my mind. deeply rooted, he took traditional forms to new levels with his writing, perfectly bridging past and present. new grass revival, hot rize and david bromberg are huge in my pantheon of musical super heroes.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
jackson brown the pretender the whole damn album never fails.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
waking up at home on a fine summer day, picking tunes before breakfast with my kids out on the porch, a hike, some fishing, cooking a big meal for friends and family, picking more tunes until falling over, and then getting a late night booty call from….
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
probably the food!
5. What is your most valued material possession?
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
richard nixons ghost
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
crows nest, gold hill colorado
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
more time in living near water would be nice. i’ve been in the mountains a long time. i’d also like to do more political activities.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
on my festival ground waiting for the saturday midnite show to start.
One thought on “Nine Questions with Vince Herman”
Now that was a poetic musical past and present!