Name: Avion Blackstone
Birthplace: Biloxi, MS
Currently residing: Austin, TX
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: Singing in church and playing the old family pianos led to recording with Jason Sewell of One Eyed Doll, which blossomed into music to share and revel in across the musical world of Austin, which lead to meeting my many wonderful twitter fans.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
I worship Michael Jackson, Mozart, and Lady Gaga. I love meticulously creative pop music, from all generations.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
“Born to amuse, to inspire, to delight…” – Gone to Soon – Michael Jackson
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Any day I wake up on satin sheets, after 3pm, and can start the day with coffee, fine writing paper, and a fountain pen at my piano… that’s a perfect day.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
I’m a naturally intense person. So I’m intensely loving, intensely loyal, intensely and radically accepting of people. The more themselves my friends are, the more I love them. And I think that is what they appreciate most in me.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
Gemini; my beautiful, pearl white, baby grand piano. She’s the best girlfriend I have.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
Malala Yousafzai; she is 7 times the woman I will ever be and I’d love to get to meet her and hopefully learn some of the passion for kindness and peaceful power that she has.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
Flying over Minneapolis St Paul at night. That city is the most beautiful thing on earth when it’s lit up and seen from above.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
I want to do music videos next; good ones. I am still looking for the right concept and people to make it happen but it will happen. I can’t wait!
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
I want to be the background song to first dances, and kisses, and marriage proposals, and divorce celebrations. I want to be a beloved household name. I want to be present in sound and spirit to comfort the broken hearts, encourage the dreamers, and witness the all the important changes of their lives. All I really want to be is loved like that.