Name: Christian Durden
Currently residing: Seattle
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I started playing clarinet when i was in 4th grade, moved on to saxophone then trumpet, eventually started playing guitar, joined multiple bands, tried to do some solo projects, recorded way too many shitty songs.
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Ok, im just going to list a few of the bands ive been listening to recently in no particular order. The used, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Senses Fail, Pearljams first album, The beetles, Sublime, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
But I’m very eclectic so that changes often.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
The song “Sometimes I just go for it” By the used. Really its a piano composition thrown onto one of their live albums just as an extra track, and was written by their lead singer, Bert mccracken. Every time it hits that part in the middle of the song where he just starts hitting the keys, and its nothing but discord, with no discernible melody, beat, or real music, then the song picks back up faster and more upbeat, that whole part always gives me chills, i couldn’t think of a more perfect song.
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
When im not around haha
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My guitar, I honestly play it everyday and couldn’t imagine life with out it…as cheesy and cliché as that is.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I met Buddy Nielsen of senses fail at warped tour one year, and i was nervous as hell when i met him, kinda lost my shit.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
I don’t necessarily have a favorite place, but i’d love to wake up in cinque terra in italy, just chillen out by the ocean with my guitar.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Not be in the past.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?