Name: John Dunnigan
Birthplace: San Francisco
Currently residing: Whitefish, MT
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: Saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan…………and that was all I needed to set me on the path of fame and fortune!
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present? First stuff around my house was my dads musical tastes…Marty Robins was the biggest in the day, and still remains one of my all-time favorites…Then the Beatles…It was all radio stuff back then…Maybe a little TV…but stuff you heard on the radio and the albums you got…Joni Mitchell, Glen Campbell, Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor…And then I started to pick out the guitar players….Chet Atkins, Albert Lee, and all the guys who played behind the “stars”……Red Shea, Terry Clemens…Both played for Gordon Lightfoot.
Then I started playing other instruments…and I was turned on to Harmonica players, Pedal Steel players and Banjo players……So many!!!!
NORTON BUFFALO..Harp/BUDDY EMMONS,,Pedal Steel/GRADY MARTIN Guitar/EARL SCRUGGS..BANJO /WES MONTGOMERY..GUITAR…….TOMMY EMMANUEL..GUITAR….
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
The Sounds of Silence by Paul Simon!
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
As much as I love what I do for a living…I love my time off…Hanging with family, playing with dog, and fishing on a warm summer day!
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
Probably my sense of humor…:)
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My 24-year-old Breedlove acoustic guitar…
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I have been around dozens and dozens of really famous musical acts…
Springsteen…Jeff Foxworthy….Donovan, and hundreds of “flash-in-the-pan-country-pop performers”…I would be most humbled to meet… Willie Mays!!!
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
At my cabin (I can’t tell you where it is cause I’d have to kill you) on the lake on a summer day!! Pure heaven!
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Practice more and perform less………
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Anywhere besides a nursing home…….:)