Name: Scott Goodwin
Birthplace: Spokane, WA
Currently residing: Seattle, WA
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I played music with my family and especially my brother until I found myself in College at EWU and I’ve never thought of anything else to do with myself so being in a band, writing music and teaching drums are my life!
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
Miles Davis, The Kinks, Wilco, Soundgarden and The Beach Boys. And of Course Floyd, Beatles and Zep!
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Pink Floyd ‘The Final Cut’. the guitar solo/ and lyrics in the title track
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
Wake up at 10. Practice drums and piano for two hours, teach drums for a few hours, write and play music with my pals, listen to some Kinks and Beatles records, the Man Who Would be King and go to bed with my wonderful wife!
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
I think my friends would say they appreciate my positive attitude and my straight-forwardness.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
My Ears! (My hearing!)
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I think I’d be nervous to meet Chris Cornell.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
Walking onto a big stage with backline gear!
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
Write more songs, record my own album.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
Living in the country with a recording/ teaching studio.