Name: norman dahlor
Currently residing: kansas city
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: 44 years non stop playing in bands, a couple you’ve heard of most you haven’t, currently in the elders a 14 yr old irishamericana folk rock band, gonna be sitting down in my next, you know like playin’ pedal steel or somethin’… i think
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
the beatles, the band, rolling stones, bruce springsteen, solas, richard thompson, paul simon, earl scruggs, bill monroe, bob dylan, trad irish music from a variety of performers like slide ie, cape breton style music from a variety of performers like bara mcneills or macmaster, bacharach, sinatra, grateful dead, clash… lots, i think i could fill this box up
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
yes many, ‘pair of brown eyes’ by the pogues popped first in my mind
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
i’d like to walk on a nice warm sandy beach with both my children.. i haven’t done it yet but it sounds perfect right now
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
good guy to have in a band
5. What is your most valued material possession?
probably my 1964 fender p bass
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
i don’t know really, maybe one of the victoria’s secret models
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
i love traveling and i’ve really enjoyed what little time playing/traveling through europe i’ve been fortunate enough to do. I’d like to do more …
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
i think i’d like to be on that same beach with my kids, walkin, talkin’ laughin, cryin and lookin for shells