Name: Brock Gleeson
Birthplace: Grand Junction, Colorado
Currently residing: Jackson, Wyoming
Musical past and present in one rambling run-on sentence: I’ve been a semi-pro musician for ten years, I’ve lived all over the US playing music in such cities as Nashville, Austin, Phoenix, and Denver.
Website: facebook reverbnation myspace
1. Who are some of your favourite composers, musicians and bands from the past and present?
My favorite musicians are typically the ones I grew up on, it’s their music that has really created me as a musician from childhood, ie. Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, James Taylor, Joan Baez, but recently I’m deeply into Justin Townes Earle, Josh Ritter, Joe Firstman, The Damnwells and Jason Isbell and the 400 unit.
2. Is there a particular song or musical passage that never fails to move you emotionally?
Ray LaMontagne’s line from the song ‘Empty’ always kills me, “She lifts her skirt up to her knees, walks through the garden of roses with her bare feet laughing”
3. How would you describe your perfect day?
I would say my perfect day starts and ends with coffee and my beautiful wife, doesn’t really matter where that is.
4. What would your friends say they appreciate the most about you?
I suppose you have to ask my friends that, but I’d hope it was loyalty and kindness.
5. What is your most valued material possession?
There are more than a few possessions I am extremely attached to (my uncles banjo, my 25 anniversary Gretsch, and my hummingbird) but unfortunately it’s probably my cell phone.
6. Who were you, or would you be nervous to meet?
I would be nervous to meet Bob Dylan, just to shake the hand of the man that wrote all of those amazing songs might be overwhelming.
7. If you could blink your eyes and be in a favourite place right now, where would that place be?
I’m pretty sure I haven’t been to my favorite place as of yet. But if I would blink my eyes and end up next to a warm ocean, well that’d be just fine.
8. Is there something you would like to do more of in the future?
I would like to do some more writing in the future, whether that is music, movies or novels. I just hope to write more.
9. Where would you like to find yourself in ten years?
In ten years I see my wife and I in Africa helping out in a medical clinic. That’s the plan anyways!